Big city medicine, small town feel
Henry County Medical Center was founded more than 60 years ago in 1953 and is the hospital of choice for generations of local residents. Our experienced physicians, nurses and staff are committed to combining the most advanced medical technology with our area’s small town values. As a leader in all aspects of women’s health, senior behavioral health, orthopedics and inpatient and outpatient services, HCMC is uniquely positioned to serve the diverse health care needs of our Western Tennessee community.
Our hospital has strong ties to the community and sponsors community health education seminars, diabetes education programs, free heart screenings, and childbirth and breastfeeding classes. We have more than 70 active and consulting physicians representing 26 medical specialties, allowing us to treat patients at any age and every stage of life. Most importantly, we are committed to our patients and to delivering the highest quality of health care.
Services and expertise that make a difference
At Henry County Medical Center, you can expect a trifecta of comprehensive services, clinical expertise, and compassionate care. Our mission is to provide affordable, high-quality, patient-centered care that respects the privacy, needs and dignity of each individual, regardless of their ability to pay.
Distinctions and Awards:
- Accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Cycle III Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Home Health and Hospice named one of the TOP 500 Home Health agencies by HomeCare Elite, 2010
- Mammography department achieved Pink Ribbon Facility Status for excellence in breast health
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Hospital Accreditation, Home Health, and Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures on the following measure sets: Pneumonia and Surgical Care, 2012, 2013, and 2014
- Top 10 most affordable hospitals in Tennessee – Nerdwallet.com, 2013
- Champion for Coverage by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), 2013 & 2014
- Nationally recognized for participation in the Tennessee Surgical Quality Collaborative (TSQC) through the ACS NSQIP program
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) Accredited Diabetes Program
- THA Tennessee Center for Patient Safety Leadership Award for Improving Infant Health, 2014
- Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award, National Quality Award Program, presented by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL), 2015
- Tier III in the Quality Initiative Recognition Program, American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living, 2013
- American College of Radiology Accredited – MRI, CT, Digital Mammography
- HomeCare Elite Top Agency, 2011 & 2012