Don’t let pelvic issues cramp your lifestyle
Pelvic issues can, and often do, have a big impact on a woman’s lifestyle. Embarrassing “accidents,” irregular periods, and uncomfortable intercourse are just some of the pelvic health perils women of all ages can experience. Many people accept these disorders and their symptoms as a normal part of aging or suffer in silence because they are too embarrassed to speak with their doctors. Henry County Medical Center is here to change that.
Did you know that nearly every woman experiences some form of pelvic issues in her lifetime?
Yet many of the patients that come through our doors have been told by friends, or even by a physician, that their condition couldn’t be treated. These women think it is just part of aging or just happens, and they suffer in silence.
HCMC works with you to understand how pelvic issues are affecting you medically and emotionally. We provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of pelvic pain that may be caused by fibroids, endometriosis or organ prolapse. We also evaluate and treat incontinence disorders and menopausal challenges.
Listen to what Dr. Joe Mobley, III, MD, a urologist with the Kentucky Lake Urologic Associates, has to say about how HCMC can help you regain your quality of life.
Offering the latest approach to correcting pelvic prolapse
With our board-certified physicians and state-of-the-art facilities, HCMC is proud to provide the highest quality evaluation and medical and surgical care to women with incontinence and prolapse. If prolapse surgery is right for you, women have three approaches to surgical correction, also known as sacrocolpopexy – traditional open surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and the innovative da Vinci® Surgical System.
HCMC’s da Vinci system offers the latest approach to repairing pelvic prolapse. When compared to open surgery, the potential benefits of da Vinci minimally invasive surgery can be substantial:
- Lower rate of complications (1,2)
- Less estimated blood loss (1,2,3)
- Similar rate of blood transfusions (1)
- Shorter hospital stay (1)
Are you a candidate for our Pelvic Health program?
Don’t suffer in silence. Contact us at 731-644-3463. Our team of compassionate and experienced healthcare providers will provide you with a treatment plan customized to you.
Home is where you feel heard. Home is HCMC for my pelvic health.
1) Serati M, et al; 2014. Robot-assisted Sacrocolpopexy for Pelvic Organ Prolapse: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies. European Urology. 66:202-318.
2) Nosti PA, et al. “Outcomes of Abdominal and Minimally Invasive Sacrocolpopexy.” Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery 20.1 (2014): 33-37.
3) Siddiqui NY et al. Symptomatic and Anatomic 1-year Outcomes after Robotic and Abdominal Sacrocolpopexy. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 206.5 (2012): 435.e1-35.e5.